Alliance Bank Do Good Awards
Recognising and celebrating good in our communities
2019 nominations now open! You could win $1,000
The Do Good Awards aim to acknowledge community members, Alliance Bank Partner Members and staff that have made an outstanding contribution and have positively impacted the lives of others and their community.
The Awards provide the opportunity to share the stories and celebrate the wonderful contributions people in our communities make to address social, environmental or community needs.
- Do Good Community Award: acknowledges an outstanding community contribution by an individual.
- Do Good Team Award: acknowledges an outstanding community contribution made by a team of two or more.
- Do Good Business Award: acknowledges a business that has community purpose at the core of its strategy and delivers outcomes that enrich the social, economic or environmental wellbeing of a community.
- Do Good Outstanding Achievement Award (judges nomination): the highest honour that can be awarded to an individual, team or business - recognises their contribution to enriching the social, environmental, emotional, physical or economic wellbeing of a community. Note, this award will be decided by the judges from the three categories of finalists.
One prize of $1,000 will be awarded to the winner of each category.
- Nominees will have made a significant contribution that has improved the lives of people in their local community.
- Nominees are recognised as a role model by their peers and/or community.
How it works
There are two key questions that form part of the online submission process:
- Why are you nominating yourself or this person for a Do Good Award?
- How has the nominee positively impacted the lives of others?
Nominate yourself, a colleague or a member of your local community, complete the form and submit it online. Nominees will be notified by their local Alliance Bank to ensure they are happy being nominated and to share their story.
Nominations close 1 November 2019.
Consideration of the following will be taken into account when assessing nominations:
- Nature of the person’s exceptional achievement/s.
- Impact the person has had, and the benefits they have provided to Alliance Bank members/or the local community.
- Demonstrated advocacy, innovation or creativity.
- Contribution to development of the community.
- Nominees must reside in an Alliance Bank Partner catchment or be nominated for a contribution to an Alliance Bank Partner local community.
- People can self nominate or nominate others.
- Current Board members of mutuals operating as an Alliance Bank and local politicians are ineligible.
- A person cannot receive a second award in the same award category in consecutive years.
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Nominees for the Do Good Business Award must hold an ABN or CAN.
- Nominees for the Do Good Team Award must comprise of two or more people.
- Finalists must provide consent for their image and their story to be used in the awards promotional material.
- Only one prize of $1,000 is awarded per category including the Do Good Team Award.
- Total prize pool $4,000.
- The Outstanding Achievement Award winner will be selected by the judges from the finalists in the three Do Good Award categories.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Nominations close 1 November 2019.
- Nominees announced 18 November 2019.
- Finalists announced 3 December 2019.
- Finalists must provide information that outlines their contribution and how it has positively impacted lives and/or their local community and consent to its use in promotional material.
- Finalist stories will be featured on alliancebankgroup.com.au and on social media from early December to 31 January 2020.
- Winners announced 3 February 2020.